Thursday, January 17, 2008

Growing, growing, growing!

Here are the pediatrician updates I promised. Sydney weighs 17 lb 6 oz, Noah weighs 17 lb 6-1/2 oz, and Emily weighs 17 lb 10 oz. Over the last several months, Noah has really overcome the reflux he suffered from. Since he is doing so well, we have officially stopped all meds for his symptoms. No more Prilosec or Zantac. We are thrilled! I was afraid he would experience withdraws since he really like taking his medicine. If he misses them, we don't know it! Our pediatrician has given us the ok to stop offering formula once they turn 1 year of age. Instead, we'll switch to Vitamin D milk. What a huge savings that will be.

Emily is officially on the move. She started crawling in the last week and is now pulling herself up! When I called home today to check on the babies, my mom said "Emily thinks she's hot stuff" moving about. She is really keeping my parents on their toes! Oh, she's already bumped her head a couple of times today. Grandma & Grandpa Ayres have a lot to look forward to when they arrive on Sunday.

Sydney just started saying Ma, Ma yesterday. John called me at work so I could hear her chanting them over and over. Of course when I got home, she didn't have anything to say to me.

Like Emily, Sydney and Noah are getting on their knees. I don't think it'll be long before they become the engines, not the caboose!

Noah is a character. He smiles so much and giggles at some the silliest things. For example, I sing a bit from a rap song that really gets a big response. Noah is our most eager baby food eater. He generally has 2 jars daily compared to 1 for each of the girls. Noah feels the faster you shovel it in the better. He really does take after me!

All three are doing terrific (outside of some recent nighttime sleep issues). John and I are preparing for his new job...stay at home dad, which will officially start the end of March. The grandparents will continue to help out as long as they are needed, for which we are thankful!

Well, my lunch hour is ending so I must get back to work. Please keep checking back for updates.

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, John, Amy and little ones!

I just spent some time reading your blog and looking at all those lovely pictures of Emily,Noah and Sydney. How can it be that they are very nearly one year old?!!
They are all so adorable! They look very happy, healthy and actually I think advanced for their age, from what your mother tells me. Of course they have very good parents too. And G'parents!

There's something to be said for
having children later in life. More mature, stable parents I think. The energy level may be a little less but how much sleep to you really need? ha, ha!

God has certainly blessed all of you...and what a blessing they are!

I'm still hoping to come for a visit. I'll talk to the others and hopefully we can work something out. I'll check with you on the date also.

We were in Fla. all of Feb., then came back a week ago last Sat.and had 20.5" snow storm last weekend! Nothing was going on anywhere, so we just stayed in and it was beautiful! Of course the kids, big and little enjoyed playing in it!

Everyone is well. Curtis was home over spring break and went back last Sun. He's liking college a lot and doing really well. Made the Dean's list the first grading period. He's going to make a really good doctor! It's hard having him so far away. We all miss him. He's at Milligan Christian in Tenn., about 7 hours away. We're all hoping he'll come back to OSU for his medical school.

I remember so well when he was born and can't believe he's 19!

Just don't blink your eyes too quickly as I'm sure you've discovered how quickly this first year has gone by with the babies!


Kiss Emily, Noah and Sydney for me!

Love to all Aunt Nancy