Monday, June 9, 2008

Sick, sick, sick, sick & sick!

Let me repeat, sick! Our entire family is under the weather. John and I took the triplets to see their pediatrician this morning. Diagnosis--ear infections (first ever). I then saw my GP this afternoon and got confirmation of a sinus and ear infection. After putting the babies to bed this evening, John visited one of our local Immediate Care Centers and received his sinus infection diagnosis. Can you say, "when it rains, it pours." The last 4 days have been pretty miserable.

This past Saturday, we found ourselves flooded in from excessive rain. We lost electricity for several hours, but were fortunate that our home (in particular basement) didn't suffer any damage. I was a little panicky because we truly couldn't drive away from our home. All streets were flooded and main roads closed. Our nearest major highway, I65, was closed as well. The babies were coughing bad and I was scared we might need medical attention. John called the Johnson County Emergency Services department and verified we would call the Whiteland Fire Dept if we required a rescue. Thankfully, we were able to weather the storm (no pun intended).

Anyway, we are exhausted and medicated. It's time to shut the lights out. Goodnight!

Love,

Amy

No comments: