Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day 13: All present and accounted for!

Emily is home! We have the full set!

Except for a short trip to meet with the Southside Parents of Multiples for the first time (but not the last...), we devoted our evening to getting a feel for the feeding rotation with a third player.

I just don't have words to adequately express what I felt to see all three of my children, in our home, no tubes/wires/monitors... Us getting used to them, them getting used to us... Emily and Sydney sharing a nap in a pack-n-play... the first time they were all asleep at the same time, like they are now... It's this kind of emotion that sustains me through the fear and doubt.

Looking forward to the networking that the SSPOM will provide. Already saw a couple friendly faces and Amy and I were recognized from the pictures on this blog. We met some very nice people who were very warm and welcoming (will I always be the only guy there???). Amy and I both have a sister that carried twins, both sets naturally-occurring. My sister strongly suggested we look into an organization like SSPOM, so here we are.

I need sleep now.

-John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News!!! I'm so glad to hear that Emily is home with her sibs!! We are thinking of you all often and I'm checking for updates like a fiend!! Give the beans big hugs and kisses from Auntie Cathy, Uncle Kevin, cousin Sam and cousin Nat!!

Anonymous said...

I think you will find the support you receive from the community of parents of multiple birth children invaluable. The resources through a local group and NOMOTC (the National organization) are tremendous. These are "your people" as no one really can appreciate the impact of multiples unless you are a parent of multiples. You will likely be the only man if you attend the regular meetings and there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, if you can just find 10 minutes to update the photo gallery...... We really have no good pictures of dear Emily!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

John and Amy, so happy to hear that Emily is home now! What blessings God has given to your home! Including the helpers.

Hi to Barb, Jenny and Betty! God bless you all too!

Love to all, Nancy

lmsaeling said...

John ... Laura Aeling (formerly Sutton) here. What beautiful babies!!! Your blog brought me to tears. You're such a wonderful daddy ...

Write when you have the chance: lmsaeling@comcast.net. I'll forward an album link for my little man.