Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 6: All about focus

A short post for a long day.

I got to drop off some Mommy juice for the beans this morning so I got to see them first today. Noah and surprisingly, Sydney were awake and exploring their incubators. I reached in and stroked their little heads, said good morning and went on about my work day. If the feeling I get from just that little bit of contact was available as a drug, I'm sure it would be illegal.

I was also mightily pleased with the news the nurse gave me about Emily. No "incidents" overnight! Way to go Emily!

It was nice to see Noah and Sydney just laying there, looking around, not fussing. All is right with the world.

*****

After dinner, Amy and I went to spend some together time with the beans. We each got to spend a good amount of time with each of them, feeding them, changing their clothes, talking to them, just holding them and feeling s-o-o-o-o-o relaxed.

Emily is getting down very low on the air in her cannula, and the nurse thinks she *may* be off it soon if she continues to have no incidents. Attagirl!

Noah didn't slow down until he was 10ccs past his goal. That kid eats like a horse! (OK, a tiny horse, but a horse nonetheless)

And what do you call a bean without a stem? SYDNEY! She has shed her cord, and by shed, I mean she swung her arm during a diaper change and knocked it clean off. Let's hear it for our first cordless bean!

So we have Emily, focused on her breathing, Noah, focused on his eating, and Sydney, focused on getting rid of her cord. Not bad for their sixth day.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day for the beans. For the first time they get to meet Grandma and Grandpa Cheesman, up close and personal! Expect pictures and a healthy post!

-John

No comments: